Nylon 6 Extruded (natural)
Semi-crystalline polymer Nylon has goods general features and excellent quality/price rate. Using only high viscosity raw material for the extrusion of our Nylon 6 stock shapes grants a very high quality level: mechanical resistances as well as sliding properties are higher if compared with other low viscosity Nylons. Our unique annealing process grants dimensional stability and easy machining.
• Abrasion resistance: even in dusty and demanding environments, it's one of the best engineering plastics.
• Toughness: high tensile stress and compressive strength. The shock resistance is good particularly for annealed material.
• Fatigue-proof: it maintains its features even under continuous stress.
• Self-lubricating: the friction coefficient is low and generally no lubrication is required for sliding applications.
• Weather and ageing resistance.
• It is resistant to alkali, inorganic compounds and solvents.
• Food contact approved. Food Certification EC 10/2011 – FDA.
• It is hygroscopic; it absorbs moisture which means that in time both its mechanical features and dimensions will change.
• When dry, it is hard and stiff and when moist it becomes more shock resistant and yielding.
• Machining is easy but automatic lathes should be avoided as the swarf is extremely elastic.
• The use in the electrical field is to be avoided because of the moisture content.
Thanks to its features and low price, it's a popular material for “general purposes". Widely used in the mechanical industry to produce:
• Anti-wear guides.