Nylon 6 +30% GF
Nylon 6 reinforced with the addition of 30% glass fibre and graphite. The glass charge makes the material highly resistant to abrasion, compression and flexing. This product is particularly suitable for gears and mechanical parts where excellent wear resistance is required.
• Very high wear resistance, this inherent polyamide feature is further increased by the addition of glass. Glass filled nylon is one of the best wear resistant plastic materials available.
• High compression strength and tensile stress, the fatigue resistance is excellent as are the general mechanical properties.
• Ageing resistance, weatherproof and good resistance at low temperature.
• Even though the electrical properties change with the moisture content, this nylon is still used where good mechanical features as well as weatherproof performance are required.
• It is resistant to alkali, inorganic compounds and solvents.
• If used in combination with moving parts, the glass filler causes abrasion of the steel parts in contact with the plastic.
• It cannot be used in contact with food.
Very high compressive strength and wear resistance, in fact one the best of all the engineering plastics. This material is particularly suitable for gears and high performance mechanical components which need to operate in demanding environments, such as on construction equipment or earthmovers, without suffering from excessive wear.