Nylon 66 +MoS2 (Extruded Nylon +MoS2)
This product is manufactured by casting the standard Nylon 6 resin with the addition of molybdenum disulphide (MoS2), thanks to which assumes it's best tribological characteristics. While maintaining the core features of standard cast nylon, this product is more resistant and more self-lubricating. Nylon is not the best product for ease of machining, however we have found that Omniamid MoS2 is better than the standard Nylons as well as being more UV resistant.
• Wear resistance is better than black cast nylon.
• Tensile strength and compression are the same as natural cast nylon while the impact strength is higher, fatigue resistance is high.
• Low friction coefficient.
• Aging resistance, good resistance to weathering and low temperature.
• Good resistance to alkalis, inorganic compounds and solvents.
• It is hygroscopic, although less than natural cast nylon. Because of the molecular structure, large-sized cast pieces have better quality than those of small dimensions.
• It cannot be used in contact with food.
• The electrical characteristics vary with the moisture content but it's still used when mechanical strength is required.
Thanks to the good mechanical properties and the possibility to obtain semi-finished pieces of larger dimensions, this material is widely used for the production of large diameter:
• Anti-wear guides.
For excellent abrasion resistance in earth moving and construction machinery it is used for:
In the shipbuilding industry, thanks to its excellent weather resistance it is used for:
• Towing guides.