Polyoxymethylene, commonly called Acetal, is a crystalline polymer obtained from the polymerisation of formaldehyde. Discovered fairly recently (1960), it has enjoyed rapid growth and large acceptance thanks to its excellent mechanical features, stability to humidity and ease of machining. All our stock shapes made of POM are marked along the whole length with product code and batch number, according to ISO 9002 standards.
• High fatigue resistance.
• Good dimensional stability.
• Low coefficient of friction.
• Good compressive strength, even at low temperature.
• Good shock resistance, even at low temperature.
• Excellent machinability especially used on automatic equipment.
• Being physiologically inert it is suitable for food contact.
• Can be used in water at 80°C.
• Compared to PA6 it has a lower abrasion resistance, particularly in dirty and dusty environments.
It can be precision machined for intricate components with tight tolerances and is one of the most commonly used engineering plastics for mechanical applications such as:
• Gears & gear wheels.
• Conveyor rollers.