The general features of the homopolymer Acetal resin are similar to those of the copolymer POM-C. However, the service temperature (under load) is slightly higher but the resistance to hydrolysisis and strong alkalis is slightly lower. POM-H is more commonly known as Delrin®. POM-H has a slightly higher mechanical strength than the POM-C but both are easy to machine and offer excellent dimensional stability.
• High fatigue resistance.
• Good dimensional stability.
• Low coefficient of friction.
• Good compressive strength, even at low temperature.
• Good shock resistance, even at low temperature.
• Excellent machinability especially used on automatic equipment.
• Being physiologically inert it is suitable for food contact.
• Can be used in water at 80°C.
• Compared to PA6 it has a lower abrasion resistance, particularly in dirty and dusty environments.
It can be precision machined for intricate components with tight tolerances and is one of the most commonly used engineering plastics for mechanical applications such as:
• Gears & gear wheels.
• Conveyor rollers.