This product is Cast Nylon 6 modified with the addition in high percentage of special lubricators which remains in solution in the material. Our unique method of production, grants a homogeneous distribution of oil particles within the product. This method improves self-lubrication, shock resistance and hygroscopicity, which decreases. Machining is also much easier. Omniamid (Oil filled) offers improved mechanical features in comparison of the plain Cast Nylons. Fit for special applications.
• Lowest coefficient of all the Cast Nylons.
• Wear resistance is better than Akulon 6 (Natural).
• Tensile stress and compressive strength are similar to Omniamid (Black).
• Excellent machining properties.
• Improved antistatic properties linked to lower moisture absorption.
• It is resistant to alkali, inorganic compounds and solvents.
• It is hygroscopic, even if to a lower extent than Cast Nylon (Natural).
• It can't be used in contact with food.
• Use in the electrical field is to be avoided as the electrical properties change with the change of moisture content.
Thanks to its excellent self-lubricating property, high shock resistance and compressive strength, together with the possibility to produce large-sized parts, it is widely used to produce:
• Anti-wear guides.
Because of its excellent abrasion resistance it is used for:
• Gear wheels.
• Guide bearings.
• Sliding bearings.
In the building of parts for:
• Construction machines.
In the shipbuilding industry its better weather resistance makes it suitable for:
• Sliding guides,
In cable-car systems its uses include:
• Sliding blocks.