Peek has excellent mechanical strength, dimensional stability, a low coefficient of friction, very good chemical, hydrolysis resistance and radiation resistance, good dielectric properties and a low notch impact strength. UL94 Vo rated (self-extinguishing). Temperature range -50°C to +250°C.
• Good strength
• Good wear resistance.
• Good machining qualities.
• Low water absorption.
• Good dimensional stability.
• Good electrical properties.
• Good resistance to high impact compared to finer weave grades.
• Good chemical and corrosion resistance.
• Very dusty to machine.
• Other plastics can offer greater wear properties.
• Mechanical properties are directional due to the weave.
• Components can fail along the weave which is a shear plane.
This product is commonly used for components with intricate features which need accuracy and a fine machined finish.
• Wear resistant components.
• Insulation for low voltages.