Peek +30% GF
Peek has excellent mechanical strength, dimensional stability, a low coefficient of friction, very good chemical, hydrolysis resistance and radiation resistance, good dielectric properties and a low-notch impact strength. 30% glass filled Peek has been reinforced with glass fibres, which significantly reduces its expansion rate. This makes it ideal for applications that require improved stability, strength, and stiffness at temperatures above 150°C.
• Good strength
• Good wear resistance.
• Good machining qualities.
• Low water absorption.
• Good dimensional stability.
• Good electrical properties.
• Good resistance to high impact compared to finer weave grades.
• Good chemical and corrosion resistance.
• Very dusty to machine.
• Other plastics can offer greater wear properties.
• Mechanical properties are directional due to the weave.
• Components can fail along the weave which is a shear plane.
This product is commonly used for components with intricate features which need accuracy and a fine machined finish.
• Wear resistant components.
• Insulation for low voltages.