Medium Weave Phenolic Rod F2
This material is made by applying heat and pressure to layers of paper or glass cloth impregnated with synthetic resin. When heat and pressure are applied to the layers, a chemical reaction (polymerization) transforms the layers into a high-pressure thermosetting industrial laminated plastic.
• Good strength
• Good wear resistance.
• Good machining qualities.
• Low water absorption.
• Good dimensional stability.
• Good electrical properties.
• Good resistance to high impact compared to finer weave grades.
• Good chemical and corrosion resistance.
• Very dusty to machine.
• Other plastics can offer greater wear properties.
• Mechanical properties are directional due to the weave.
• Components can fail along the weave which is a shear plane.
This product is commonly used for components with intricate features which need accuracy and a fine machined finish.
• Wear resistant components.
• Insulation for low voltages.