Fine Weave Phenolic Sheet F1
OverviewThis material is made by applying heat and pressure to layers of Super Fine Weave Cotton and synthetic resin. When heat and pressure are applied to the layers a chemical reaction (polymerization) transforms the layers into a high-pressure thermosetting industrial laminated plastic.
Benefits:• Good strength
• Good wear resistance.
• Good machining qualities.
• Low water absorption.
• Good dimensional stability.
• Good electrical properties.
• Good resistance to high impact, however, is slightly less than the coarser weave grades.
• Good chemical and corrosion resistance.
Weaknesses:• Very dusty to machine.
• Other plastics can offer greater wear properties.
• Mechanical properties are directional due to the weave.
• Components can fail along the weave which is a shear plane.
Applications:This product is commonly used for components with intricate features which need accuracy and a fine machined finish.
• Fine toothed gears.
• Geneva wheels.
• Seal retaining rings.
• Actuating arms.
• Insulating sleeves and brushes.
• Components for use at cryogenic temperatures.
• Insulation for low and medium voltages.