HDPE - PE 300
High Density Polyethylene (HD-PE300) has excellent impact strength, even at temperatures as low as -30ºC. Coupled with low coefficient of friction and ease of fabrication, HD-PE300 is widely used in automotive, leisure and industrial applications and is particularly suitable for the fabrication of tanks, silos, hoppers etc. HD-PE300 can also be supplied to colour matched, talc-filed and conductive forms.
• High abrasion resistance.
• Low friction coefficient.
• Low specific gravity.
• Easily machinability.
• High chemical resistance, typical of the polyolefins.
• Shock resistance is good even at low temperatures.
• Being physiologically inert, it's approved for food contact by the most important standards organisations.
• Good electrical properties.
• Compared to the engineering plastics it has lower thermal and mechanical properties, such as tensile stress, flexural and compressive strength.
• Compared to high molecular weight PE, it is more rigid and its resistance to continuous shock is therefore lower.
The low friction coefficient and its non-hygroscopicity make it suitable for use as a bearing or mechanical parts with low loads, even when operating in water. However, it's widely used for components in food machinery and manufacturing.